Red Carpet Service On-line has received the National Association of Community Development Extension Professionals' internet technology award and the National Association of Extension Family and Consumer Sciences' internet education technology award.
Red Carpet Service is an educational program that helps front-line professionals:
- Discover tools to promote tourism,
- Practice skills to identify and respond to traveler needs, and
- Promote their community in a positive way.
It combines the basics of traditional customer service training while highlighting the unique needs of travelers and tourists. Participants who complete the training are "Red Carpet Service Certified."
Red Carpet Service is an on-line training program.
It is self-paced and interactive, set up in 8 modular steps along a learning trail. Modules include video clips, interactive situations, web searches and more to help participants become aware of the impact of tourism in Nebraska and the importance of the front-line professionals opportunity to influence a positive visitor experience. Each module can be completed in about 15-30 minutes.
The on-line format provides an opportunity for on-going, individualized training so communities and businesses can improve their level of front-line service to travelers and tourists by training one person at a time.
How do I access Red Carpet Service Online?
A community can subscribe to Red Carpet Service on-line. They then receive a password which allows any business or individual within that community to take the on-line training. The subscription can be renewed annually.
What are the benefits?
Red Carpet Service gives you:
- Increased understanding of the contributions tourists make to the local economy
- Improved customer service skills (giving directions, knowing where to find tourism information, awareness of local attractions and hidden treasures)
- Renewed appreciation for the important role of front-line professionals.
For more information on Red Carpet Service training, contact:
Connie retired in March of 2012.
4502 Avenue I
Scottsbluff, NE 69361